6 Mar 2013

Anti-climax

The match between Manchester United and the Spain giant Real Madrid was supposed to be one of the greatest match in the Champions League this year, but the referee decided to make himself the centre of discussion by destroying the match.

Just before his controversial decision to send Nani off, the two teams were playing football of the highest class. Two teams were full of tactics and the players were full of energy and determination. I simply could not find another match to compare with this one, nor could I find matches from other sports that were as pulsatile as this was. However, with the whistling from the Turk referee, everything was in vain.

This is life. One decision out of nothing can change everything. There was a guy who was going to strike for his dream, but one accident took his ability out. There was a guy who wanted to stop the war with his music, however, one bullet took. This is a Manchester United with players aspiring to win everything this year and dominate the games but the referee ruined the fairness. I could not imagine how frustrated the manager and the players felt that time and after the game.

I used to compare the fate of Manchester United with mine every year: I now have to pray that I could not stand for another anti-climax in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment